Students are encouraged to meet with a faculty adviser regularly. Students should also consult with the Advising Center for information on University requirements.

Cinema Student with Camera

Consultation with a Cinema adviser is required at the following stages:

  • Upon entry to the foundation course level
  • Progress in a pathway
  • Prior to graduation

Cinema students should obtain the Cinema undergraduate advising worksheet known as the Blue Sheet — an important tool for tracking progress through the major. As students complete requirements in the major, they should record this on the Blue Sheet and request an adviser’s review and signature.


There are several forms that you will need for advising.  Some of these forms are available from the forms section on this website.

More Advising Options

Advising Resource Center

The Advising Resource Center (ARC), in SFSU’s College of Liberal & Creative Arts, provides multiple support services to students.

Visit the Advising Resource Center

Undergraduate Advising Center

The Advising Center is a university service staffed by professional counselors, interns, and peer advisors committed to providing guidance and information to help undergraduate students enjoy a successful college experience.

Visit the Undergraduate Advising Center

Graduate Advising Center

The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from applications to graduation.

Visit the Graduate Advising Center